A Complete Immune Monitoring Solution with CyTOF | Frederik De Smet, MSc, PhD
Frederik De Smet, MSc, PhD, presents early data from the COvid-19 Advanced Genetic and Immunologic Sampling (COntAGIouS) clinical research study (NCT04327570) using the Maxpar® Direct™ Immune Profiling Assay™ and Maxpar Pathsetter™ software.
The COntAGIouS trial is a collaboration led by the research university KU Leuven and University Hospital Leuven to perform an in-depth characterization of the dynamic host immune response to coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
Immune monitoring studies, especially in the age of COVID-19 disease, require cytometry assays that
• are quick to implement with an easy workflow
• have a fixation step early in sample processing
• are high-parameter to ensure the most information possible per cell
• have a streamlined, reproducible and unbiased data analysis pipeline
• have proven reproducibility when performed at multiple sites.
The Maxpar Direct Immune Profiling Assay, designed for use on Helios™, a CyTOF® system, meets all these criteria and helps De Smet’s team observe the different immune system players and their interactions in COVID-19 patient samples.
→ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Frederik De Smet, MSc, PhD
University of Leuven, Belgium
(*This webinar first aired on August 5, 2020, at CYTO® 2020.)